Friday, May 20, 2011

Chai

Hi there/ Assalamu alaykum,

Today I want to let you know what I like to drink, Chai. It is indian-style tea. Making it is usually a challenge for me, because among other things everyone likes its Chai in a different way. Some like it plain, others with ginger, cardamom, you name it.


How I like mine?


I like my Chai with cinnamon. So I just put a spoon of sugar, add some milk, teapowder and off course 2 or 3 small pieces of cinnamon.


Here are some pictures(sorry for the poor quality, made with phone and already little late on the day)

 
Sugar, cinnamon and teapowder

 
Milk is added and stove is on.

 
The final result!

Lately I've been cruising the net to look for inspiration and Indian recipes and I came across a you-tube video with tips on boiling milk. Like to prevent it sticking to your pan etc. I don't want you to miss out on that so for all of you:





They have also lots of other kitchen tips and offcourse recipes. But I never tried a recipe yet.

Will be writing to you soon insha'Allah.


Allah hafiz, take care!

1 comment:

  1. Love Chai as well. Never tried it this way but as I really like Cinammon, I think I will try soon.
    Thanks for the Tip!

    ReplyDelete