Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If it ain't round...

Hi to all/ Assalamu alaykum,

Pizza. That is todays topic. Yesterday(19-05) I attempted to make my own pizza, with homemade dough and sauce. Alhamdulillah it turned out fine if you ask me. The only thing I was wondering about Why does pizza have to be round?
I took the (delicious btw) pizza out of the oven and the first comment was: It's not round. The only thing going through my mind was: It ain't pizza if it ain't round???? Anyways as you will see on the before going into the oven picture my pizza was not round. Usually if I make bread or pizza I just put the dough on the bakingtray and make it flat with my hands. Ending in the result of not really being round. But who cares, it's all about the taste right?

Anyhow, I made dough according to the Recipe, well without the cheese in the dough and only made half to test.(Check out the recipe site, it has lot of tasty dishes, it's a very creative lady masha'Allah) After making that I sliced and afterwards sort of diced 2 tomatoes very thin and put it in a pan with some water, salt and paprika powder. Put it on low flame wait till water almost all of the water is gone and then I mashed the tomatoes with a spoon and added some italian herbs.

Very well when dough was ready I've put it on the tray, already put the oven on right before(just check your ovens user manual, it wasn't necessary to pre-heat in mine) then put the sauce on the dough, some turkish peppers as we call them here and last put not least my faked grated cheese. Didn't have grated cheese, only slices of cheese to put on a sandwich. So I cut the cheese in to thin parts. See the before going in to the oven result:


And the baked result(it's actually from two days later, cause first one was eaten before I took a picture. That's the reason for the different shape)

Doesn't it look delicious, it was anyways.

Will be writing to you soon insha'Allah.

Allah hafiz, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment