Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hat

Hi to all/ Assalamu alaykum,

I'm seeing so many of you showing their creative things. I want to do that tooooo. That is all I'm thinking while seeing that. But a lot of times I don't have the resources. Insha'Allah one day.

I am busy making something. It is suppose to become a hat for Little Two. Only I'm hoping it's going to fit, cause  it looks a little small. I already started out one time. With this as half way result:

Like you can see it didn't really work out good. Not at all, haha, yes you can laugh as well. It was my first ever project. So for the first time I didn't think it was too bad, but still unhappy and looking at how flat it is, it would have never became a hat.

So I ended up taking it all out. Now I ended up making another one, different pattern. And already soon I found out that because my yarn was thinner and the crochetneedle I am using is thinner I had to adjust little bit. And so I did, and was good I did so. But now again I got the feeling it's gonna be to small. It's not finished yet, just half way and measures 26 cm around. I looked at the measures of the head of little one when she was around 1 or 2 months and that was 38.8 cm. So my feelings says I have to take this one apart too. Don't worry insha'Allah I'll be taking a picture of it before I take it apart, if needed.

My goal is to crochet a Kufi, but Little Two is insha'Allah going to be the test person to see if I can do it.

I'd love to have a sewing machine as well, but for the moment this was a cheaper option to express my creativity.

Insha'Allah I'll be able to show you the result soon.

Allah hafiz, take care

3 comments:

  1. that's actually pretty great for a first try! i tried to learn how to crochet from my grandmother...but never got past the chain link! seeing this makes me want to try learning it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I think the chain is the most difficult. Seeing your beautifull creations on you blog I think you're capable of making something like it aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!! i want to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete