Wednesday, June 8, 2011

From Hat to Kufi

Hi to all/ Assalamu alaykum,

I showed you the first trial of a hat last week or so. Now I show you the second trial, but since I didn't think it to fit the new baby I decided once again to take it apart and try to make a Kufi first instead. Cause I have an example lying around I can measure troughout the making process to see if I'm still on the right track. The design is going to be different and the colour as well, but at least the size should fit. Otherwise ofcoure it is of no avail.


It looks lot better than the first trial if I may say so, but still to small.

I also want to show what I'm using for my sewingproject, although you have to wait for sometime till that post is coming up, because it's not ready yet.


It's an old t-shirt of mine, hoping to transform it in to something beautiful.

Insha'Allah I'll be writing to you soon.

Allah hafiz, take care.

4 comments:

  1. Asalaam Alaikum! MashAllah sis you are very talented. I am not very creative at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaykum salaam,

    Well, to be honest I don't think of myself as very creative. But I needed something to do for myself. And this can be done from the home

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i love it -deconstructing old t-shirts is one of my favorite projects ever! there is so much possibility! if you are interested, i recommend you go to your library and pick up "Tease:T-shirt Transformation". my sister just showed me this book and they have 50 different t-shirt/craft ideas.
    wassalaam <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam alaykum,

    Thanks. Insha'Allah I'll check it out one time. There is lot to find on internet and youtube as well.

    ReplyDelete